Hello Hunters, this will help you with packing your daypack for every hunt in New Mexico with the Santa Fe Guiding Company, and beyond. These are things we want you to have every time you leave the truck. You never know if it's going to be a 100 yard or 8-mile hike.
Your typical size daypack is going to work just great. We don’t want you to be overloaded. You want the room to be able to add a sweater or shed some clothing. Things that you don’t plan on using until you need them.
- Game bags as we plan on using them.
- Definitely bottles of water
- Toilet Paper
- Small Lights (at least 2 with extra batteries)
- Head Lamp
- Allergy Pills
- Eye Glasses
- Hunting Knife (We are happy to help)
- Food (Nuts, Sardines, Field Snakes)
- Leather Gloves
- Shooting Sticks (Standing Tripod)
- SFGC Paperwork and Licenses
These are some great things to remember to have on you every time you leave the truck.
Do you also elk hunt and want to know what to pack for your next elk hunting trip in New Mexico? Where your camping, hiking, or hunting these tips can help.